- Experience 2 Years
The Niagara Falls Bridge Commission (NFBC) owns and operates the Rainbow Bridge, Whirlpool Rapids (Lower) and
Lewiston-Queenston Bridges. Our mission is to build, maintain and operate lower Niagara River border crossings which
facilitate the movement of people and goods in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner.
WE OFFER A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT/PENSION PACKAGE
The Bridge Attendant works in both Maintenance and Toll/Traffic Departments at the Rainbow, Whirlpool or
Lewiston-Queenston Bridges and must be able to perform supervisory duties when assigned.
1. High School Diploma
2. Two years general maintenance experience preferred.
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, WORD & Excel)
4. Must possess a clean, valid, driver’s license.
5. Must possess an Ontario Class D, Z endorsement within the established probationary period.
6. Pre-employment physical examination required.
7. Must be able to cross border freely and obtain/maintain a security clearance.
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping, waxing, dusting, emptying
waste paper baskets, etc.
- Operate snow removal equipment
- Perform basic maintenance (i.e. plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.), preventative maintenance and
demand repair on faulty equipment such as fans, pumps, valves, etc.
- Perform basic landscaping work including grass cutting, trimming, planting, pruning and weeding, etc.
- Collects proper tolls using cash and credit cards
- Monitors traffic flows and stop, hold or redirect direct vehicles as required.
- Perform Acting Toll Captain (Supervisory) duties when assigned.
- Liaisons with Customs and other authorities as needed.
Required to work indoors, outdoors and from heights. Required to work underneath bridge deck and on aerial
Please reply in confidence with a detailed cover letter and resume prior to March 20, 2020 at 8am to:
Niagara Falls Bridge Commission
P.O. Box 395
Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6T8
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those advancing through the selection process will