- Experience Less Than 1 Year
The immigration lawyers at Green and Spiegel LLP take a great deal of pride in helping Canadian businesses succeed by addressing their human resource needs and in helping families relocate to Canada. Providing efficient service with the utmost integrity, the firm reflects the diversity of the clients they serve, and can provide services in approximately 30 languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Green and Spiegel LLP is seeking a File Clerk who will handle and administer client file closure requests, assist with local deliveries to visa consulate offices and Federal Courts and provide general administrative duties. This role works closely with the Office Services team and reports to the Office Services Coordinator. This individual must have strong attention to detail and organizational abilities in order to be successful in this role.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
File Management and Storage
- Handle and administer all client file closures, including the scanning and consolidation of file documents
- Follow all Firm’s procedures for file scanning, storage, closing and disposal
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of files by searching and retrieving requested files, forwarding files to staff, and re-filing returned files
- Assist with the preparation of inactive files for shipping to records centre according to the Firm’s retention schedule and recall of files from the records centre
- Lift and move boxes of files and pushing of file carts (up to 20kg)
- Assist with the collection, sorting, distribution and delivery of all incoming and outgoing mail including items from couriers
- Assist with printing and copying requests; scanning, binding and finishing copied work (working with third party vendors as applicable)
- Assist with the maintenance and monitoring copy centre/mailroom/kitchen supplies and prepaid calling cards
- Kitchen duties including setup for and cleanup of meetings, and the loading and unloading of dishwashers
- Assist with delivery of documents for drop off and/or stamping at consulate offices, DOJ, IRB, IAD, CBSA and Federal Court
- Assist with escorting clients to US Consulate and Federal Court for interviews, appointments, hearings, etc.
- Ensure the supply and mailroom area is organized, clean, and hazard-free
- Ensure proper maintenance of office space
- Ensure all office equipment including, but not limited to, photocopiers and printers are well maintained
- Provide excellent customer service to internal employees when assisting with supply and mail needs
- Liaise with the Office Services Coordinator regarding supply and inventory management
- Act as Reception relief, which includes greeting clients and third party vendors upon arrival, addressing basic client inquiries and concerns, triaging telephone calls and fax messages, and accepting consultation fee payments
- Assist with various other general administrative duties and other clerical duties that may be assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of one year experience in a similar role
- Must be proficient in English. Proficiency in other languages is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and a team player
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to this posting. Please do not contact the firm directly. No agencies please.
Green and Spiegel LLP is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under Green and Spiegel LLP’s accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.