- Experience Less Than 1 Year
Living Water Resorts prides itself in its people. As a company we are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. From part-time jobs, to co-operative education experiences, to Leadership positions, Living Water Resorts offers you the perfect place to build your resume and spread your wings.
At Living Water Resorts, we’re looking for dynamic, energetic people join a truly unique employment experience where you are expected to:
- take advantage of the many perks the resort offers
- give back to your community
- look after yourself and nurture your emotional, spiritual, and physical wellbeing
- make friends and lasting connections so that your job is fun and rewarding
We’re looking for enthusiastic people…
Living Water Resorts is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in relation to any of the materials or processes used during the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources. Living Water Resorts will make every effort to accommodate persons with disabilities in a timely, effective and suitable manner.
The Room Attendant performs daily cleaning of guest rooms in accordance with the Housekeeping department’s cleanliness standards. This position reports directly to the Director of Housekeeping. / Supervisor / Team Lead.
1. Demonstrate through their own behaviour the 10 Commandments of our Service Culture Standards at Living Water Resorts in providing a fun and caring environment for our guests / members and fellow team members which in turn will create special memories.
2. Respond to guest complaints in a positive and helpful manner. Resolve complaints in a way that ensures the guest is satisfied, will return again and that every guest departs happy.
3. Maintains and delivers a “no compromise” attitude towards providing the highest possible level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the guest.
4. Adheres to all of the mandatory written standards of operations, policies, procedures, manuals, oral instructions, employee handbook, collective agreement that is in place at Living Water Resorts.
5. Communicate in a professional manner maintaining good relationships, listens and responds appropriately to our guests and fellow staff members. And actively works as part of a team.
6. Ensure that staff uniform and grooming standards are maintained on a daily basis.
7. Work closely with the Front Desk and Maintenance departments to ensure guest satisfaction and consistency of guest service.
8. Promptly and efficiently carry out all guest requests
9. Maintain guest / employee confidentiality.
10. Perform daily cleaning of assigned guest rooms and corridors to the Hotel’s Housekeeping Standards.
11. Ensure adequate linens, towels and guest supplies are stocked on the cart, the storage area is cleaned daily and that all equipment used is in good working condition before commencing daily duties.
12. Ensure the safe handling of all cleaning supplies.
13. Clean and prepare all assigned guest rooms in a timely manner per the Housekeeping Standards and report “INSPECT” to the Housekeeping Supervisor as each room is completed.
14. Before releasing a “INSPECT” room, do an overall inspection and pay attention to details.
15. Check climate controls including temperature controls, lights, lamps and report broken or non-functioning items in the guest rooms to the Supervisor / Team Lead immediately.
16. Collect dirty laundry and store for pickup according to the department procedures as outlined in your training.
17. Ensure the proper handling, storage and controls of all cleaning products and the security of all housekeeping equipment and supplies.
18. Report and hand in all lost and found items immediately.
19. Keep the Director of Housekeeping / Supervisor / Team Lead informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
20. Has a general knowledge of the resort, facilities,
21. Adhere to all Health & Safety, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board policies and procedures and promotes and works in a safe manner at all times.
22. May perform other duties and functions as assigned based on business levels throughout the resort.
- Housekeeping experience an asset
- Passion for cleanliness and attention to detail
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills and have a strong ability to prioritize.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Must be able to maintain standards under variable conditions
- Professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Works the majority of the time indoors
- Must be physically fit to lift, stretch, bend and move to properly clean guest rooms
- Must be able to bend, reach, lift at least 25-30lbs
- Must be able to walk and stand for an average of 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays
This position requires a responsible, mature individual with initiative and a hands-on approach.
This position is part time evening and weekends working up to 32 hours per week.
The incumbent must be well organized, flexible and have the ability to prioritize for maximum efficiency. This position requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, who is responsive to internal and external demands.
This job description is not limited to those duties specifically listed and can be changed at anytime in order to adapt to business demands or organizational changes.